Breathing Space is a new community engagement project run in partnership with Re-Instate and Mind in Bexley that supports Orbit Residents who are at risk of experiencing low level mental ill health. The focus is on mental wellbeing; enabling people to build connections, learn new skills and enhance their own sense of well-being.
The key principles are prevention and early intervention. The project aims to prevent problems occurring or worsening, tackling the causes rather than dealing with the consequences. There is a holistic approach by supporting individuals with their physical, mental, emotional and spiritual health.
Our ultimate goal is to support individuals to be in control or their lives and feel empowered to contribute to their community and society. We will run a number of different workshops to support resident’s needs, eventually handing over the organization and running of the groups to the residents, giving back a sense of empowerment.
Who is eligible to access Breathing Space?
• Orbit residents 18 years and older, living in Bexley
Who we can help
• Those suffering from low mood, anxiety or ‘just not feeling quite right’
• Individuals who are experiencing loss of any kind.
• People experiencing problems with everyday living.
• Anyone experiencing social isolation which means, limited contact with friends, family or neighbours (less than once a week)
How we can help
• Space and time to talk
• Advice and referral to specialist services, catering for individual needs
• Individualised workshops
• Befrienders helping to support social isolation and practical needs.
• Tools to grow and develop skills and qualities.
Call: 0795 149 7382 or 0741 5606 789